Pool PartyApp is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When you are tired and fatigued, there is nothing better that a hot water bath. it can be just so relaxing. A huge relief after a tough day at work or after getting back from a trip. All you want to do and long to do is to soak in a warm hot tub. This is not only just relaxing and amazing, but perhaps it helps a person to gain several therapeutic benefits. yes, you got it right! A hot tub bath is beneficial in ways other that you might think! Here are some reasons why you should soak in hot water.
Health Benefits of Soaking in Hot Water
- When you are horizontal in water, you get a boost in your mood and you get more optimistic as well. This perhaps is due to the fact that it mimics the condition of the womb. Therefore, one feels more relaxed in it. It also gives the person more of a sense of security as a result.
- Soaking once in a while in a warm tub can significantly improve skin conditions such as psoriasis. This is due to the fact that it essentially moisturises the skin. The dead cells are sloughed off as well. Therefore, potential infection causes are removed. It helps with the clearing of the skin. It opens the pores of the skin which largely helps in the removal of the oil and dirt. This practice also releases and destroys the toxins.
- The heat of a warm tub helps with battling muscle pains. This is akin to using a hot pack on the aching muscles and blocking of the pain sensors and thereby you are provided with relief.
- When you soak in a hot tub before bed, you are able to sleep better. This helps to increase your immunity and helps you with better recovery from pain. When you are in a warm tub you find it easier to sleep due to the hormones and temperature adjustment. wondering how this works? The bodies get colder during the night and the decrease in temperature begins two hours before bedtime. So in order to start the decrease in temperature, you should artificially heat yourself up. Then, once you are out of a warm bath, cool yourself down and get to bed.
- When you get into a warm bath, you are able to better deal with colds as the steam inhalation helps to clear nasal passages and reduce inflammation and being warm helps in improving the immunity. Those suffering from flu benefit as the steam clears the mucus.
- When you add salts in the bath, it reduces swelling of cells as it dehydrates cells and it inhibits the inflammation.
- It increases blood circulation and is beneficial for people who are highly stressed or suffer from high blood pressure. The increased circulation increases the flow of nutrients and oxygen to the skin and so it combats premature ageing and gives the person a youthful glow. This is almost like a low cardio exercise. The warmth increases the dilation of the cells and so the resistance decreases against the heart and so the pressure decreases. Soaking in a warm tub for 6 days a week for 20-30 minutes would allow you to decrease up to 5 pounds in a month. That is gross, considering that all you need to do is relax in a hot tub! Isn’t it?
- When a person soaks in a warm tub it helps decrease sugar levels in the blood.
- Migraine sufferers feel relaxed and it helps even the worst headaches get rid of. Sometimes all that you need is to dip your head underwater for few seconds at a time. This gives benefits which perhaps no other treatment affords.
- Lying in the hot tub can remove mental anguish and mental strain as well as exhaustion. It is best when the temperature is at 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
These are just some of the benefits of soaking in a hot tub.