After a Hard Day, You want to relax. But the bathtub is old, passé and too small. Your friends have told you about how great a hot tub or home spa is. They say it helps with their aches and pains. As well as their problem with headache pain
Now you are thinking it would be great to buy one for yourself. You would like some relief from your stress and tension. But you do not know where to begin or what are the best models to choose from.
We understand your problem. Our guide is designed to put you on the right path to purchasing the best home and garden hot tub. Hot tubs come in different sizes, so it is best to know what you want and can afford before purchasing a one.
Keep on reading to get an idea of what you need in a hot tub.
Types of Home and Garden Spas
Hot tubs, as they are commonly known as, come in all different shapes and sizes. They can accommodate 3, 6 or even more people. They also have 31, 32, 51, 71 and even 90 jets. There are also specialized tubs for therapy, pressure points and much more. Here are some tips to help you decide which one is right for you:
- How many people do you want to entertain at once
- What is the purpose of the hot tub- therapy, relaxation, fun and so on.
- The cost of the hot tubs- don’t overspend to impress.
- Location- where will you put it
Our Home and Garden Spas Reviews
1. Hudson Bay Spas 4 Person 14 Jet Spa Review
A little smaller than the other option in this review but it still packs a relaxing punch. One great aspect of this unit is that it runs on normal 110 electrical power with a 20-amp fuse. An extra long cord is included in the package. No expensive renovation is needed to get this hot tub to work.
The 14 jets provide great water circulation as well as a therapeutic swirling action. Digital controls provide you with flexibility and the CD instruction manual explains how to work it all.
Be careful that you do not let the temperature go past 107-degrees F. You can overheat this model and bring you a sizeable repair bill. Made with a multi-layered fiberglass construction, the interior is coated with a non-slip finish. There is no need to worry about falling in this hot tub.
This best home and garden spa measures 76” x 36”x 66”. There won’t be a problem finding a spot in the garden for this little beauty.
- Non-slip interior
- Digital controls
- Runs on standard 110 electrical power
- It can overheat
- Only 14 jets
2. Home and Garden Spas Review
This 6-person 90 jets hot tub works on 220 volts of electricity, with a 50-amp fuse. With 21 of those 90 jets as massage inserts. You don’t just relax, you get a great therapeutic massage.
It needs to be hardwired into your electrical system to operate. It also comes with two cup holders that are highlighted by LED light bulbs. Its speaker system gives you high-quality sound as you relax.
Its digital controls make this hot tub easy to operate. It also uses little energy, so you can be environmentally friendly as you enjoy a good night in the hot tub. This is all backed by its 7-mood-setting light feature.
The 92 x 92 x 36-inch size weighs a massive 800 pounds. Very little will move this hot tub from its place in your yard. It is built to last on a wooden frame with fiberglass backing. The water is propelled through the tub by two water pumps which use very little electricity.
- 90 jets
- Speaker system & mood lighting
- Seats 6 comfortably
- Speaker location needs to be changed
- It is very heavy
The Benefits of Owning a Hot Tub
- You sleep better- there is something about hot water that helps relax a person. A dip in the hot tub just prior to going to bed will help you get better sleep
- Relieves stress- the massage action of the water helps reduce your stress
- Helps with arthritis & chronic pain- not only arthritis but a carpal tunnel, tendonitis and much more. You have a home hydrotherapy unit in your backyard.
- Contributes to lowering your blood sugar levels- 30 minutes a day for 6 days will help bring down your sugar levels by roughly 12%
- Lowers blood pressure- relaxing in a hot tub not only gets rid of stress but helps you lower your blood pressure.
- Contributes to the younger looking skin- because you lower your stress and anxiety levels you stop premature aging. Plus, your blood is delivering more oxygen to your skin to keep them healthy.
- Can help with migraines- soaking in a hot tub helps relieve tension. Tension is a trigger for many headaches. Cut out the trigger save on experiencing headache pain.
Hot tubs are great entertaining tools. Most people love to relax in a nice heated hot tub, even in the winter. They are great to use to unwind from a hard day or week of work. They are especially good if you want to put on your romantic moves in private.
While most home and garden spas are not inexpensive, they will pay for themselves in the long run. These units come in all sizes and run on different types of electrical power. Just make sure you do your homework. You do not want to buy a spa that will not work with your electrical set-up
Don’t just take our word for it. Do your own research and make sure you purchase the best home and garden spa that is right for you.
Check out all the home and garden spa reviews before you enter the showroom. Getting all the facts will help you beat the salesmen at their own game.