No matter what the season is, going for kayaking is always thrilling and brings the excitement. And if you have a good company to join while kayaking it brings the elation even more. But if you are going for kayaking with a friend or loved one, then having a good 2 person inflatable kayak becomes extremely essential. Whether you are heading for kayaking in ocean or whitewater the necessity of having the best two person inflatable kayak cannot be ignored.
There are numerous brands that manufacture inflatable fishing kayaks but the question that comes up here is – are they all reliable? While having a poor quality of fishing kayak could endow you lots of trouble in the water, the ones which are reliable and authentic proves to be really great. So here we have compiled for you some of the best 2 person inflatable tandem kayak along with their features. So check them out and decide which one suits you the most.
Best Performing Two-Person Inflatable Kayaks 2018:
- Air Chamber:
- Intex Challenger k2 Kayak
- 11'6" X 2'6" X 1'3"
- 33.57 Pounds
- 3 Months
- Sea Eagle SE370K_P Inflatable Kayak
- Sea Eagle
- 34" x 19" x 11"
- 33 Pounds
- Limited 3 Year
- Intex Explorer K2 Yellow 2 Person Inflatable Kayak
- 18" x 24.5" x 9.8"
- 31.13 Pounds
- 3 Months
- Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak
- Sea Eagle
- 34" x 19" x 10"
- 26 Pounds
- Limited 3 Year
Intex Explorer K2 Kayak: INTEX EXPLORER FOR A SMOOTHER RIDE
The 2 person inflatable kayaks coming from Intex is no wonder one of the most preferred kayaks. Coming with oars made up of high-quality aluminum along with a high output air pump the Explorer K2 Kayak is one of the best to splurge upon. While the seats and backrest are adjustable, the presence of removable skeg makes it even more tempting.
- Due to the bright yellow color, your visibility remains good even if you go far from the shore.
- It is designed for use in the lakes and rivers with mild water only.
- It comes in the dimension of 20 x 36 x 123 inches and is perfect for beginners.
- The straps give little support to the seat; otherwise, it’s a great product.
Intex Challenger K2 Kayak: A SPORTY KAYAK FOR ADVENTURE
After the explorer, the next one is Intex challenger Kayak which is one sporty and a wonderful product to look upon. Coming with aluminum oars and air pump with high output this product is a worthy purchase if you are looking for an affordable yet durable 2 person inflatable kayak. While the graphics give it a sporty look the presence of bright green colors makes its visibility clear.
- It is designed in a streamline shape perfectly to endow you hassle-free paddling.
- It comes in the dimensions of 30 x 15 x 138 inches when got inflated and can hold up to 400 pounds of weight.
- Coming with a repair patch kit it is made up of UV damage-resistant material.
- Great in still water and lakes but you could get a hard time if take it to moderate surfs.
Sea Eagle SE370K_P Inflatable Kayak: with Pro Package: NMMS CERTIFIED FOR SAFETY STANDARDS
The Sea Eagle inflatable kayak is yet another wonderful product to look upon while buying the best 2 person inflatable kayak. Being NMMA certified it is perfect to splurge if safety and protection is your major concern. It can get inflated in just 8 minutes and get the size of 12’6″x34″.
- Although it’s a 2 person inflatable kayak, it can easily carry 3 persons due to its maximum holding capacity of 650 lbs.
- It comes along with two 7’10” Paddles as well as foot pump and a repair kit.
- In order to endow better tracking, there are 2 skegs in the kayak.
- Seats are relatively small and there is not enough leg space for adults
Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak: LIGHT WEIGHTED YET EASILY HOLD HEAVYWEIGHT
The next wonderful product is again from Sea Eagle which is perfect for 2 people. Being a lightweight product of 26 pounds, it is easy to carry anywhere. With the holding capacity of 500 pounds, it could prove to be a great kayak to carry every important accessory while going for kayaking. The use of extra thick polykrylar hull material makes it resistant to punctures and other related issues.
- There is high frequency welded seams to make it the best-inflated kayak for oceans.
- It comes along with inflatable spray skirts and two oars along with a foot pump.
- There is a three-year manufacturer’s warranty making it a smart choice to ponder upon.
- The materials used in the manufacturing are not up to the mark; therefore, durability comes in question sometimes.
Intex Explorer K2 Yellow 2 Person Inflatable Kayak: EXTRA STABLE AND BACKREST FOR PLEASURE
The next best 2 person inflatable kayak is again from Intex which comes along with paddles made up of aluminum along with an air pump. It is made preferably for mild rivers and lakes and is not suitable for whitewater. Talking about the durability, the presence of rugged 30-gauge vinyl material used in the manufacturing elevates its life manifolds.
- The seats of the kayak are provided with backrest to make the journey even more relaxing and enjoyable.
- Due to the presence of Inflatable I-beam floors the stability and firmness remain maintained.
- The oars provided with this kayak are relatively shorter as what they should be.
Common Questions About Inflatable Tandem Kayaks
Can you use an inflatable kayak in the ocean?
Answer: Yes one can use the inflatable kayak in the ocean with few points in the mind. Try paddling along the shoreline and don’t get too far from there. Keep shoreline within your sight while kayaking in the ocean.
How to make a skeg for an inflatable kayak?
Answer: In order to paddle fast and still move straight skeg helps in a number of ways. Here is in brief how to make a skeg with simple DIY steps:
- Take any small square plastic material and cut it down in the shape of the skeg.
- Match it with the taper of the boat.
- Glue non-slip rubber around the edges to prevent the damage of any sort.
- Lastly, add straps to go round the boat and your skeg is all good to go.
What is the best inflatable kayak to buy?
Answer: The ones coming from Intex and Sea Eagle have been so far found as the best and most preferred inflatable kayaks by the users. Since Intex and Sea Eagle manufactures the kayaks with every desirable feature, they can be opted for kayaking either in still water or whitewater without any hassle.
So these tips under the belt and essential guidelines to the best inflatable kayak could make your kayaking experience even more enjoyable and fun. No wonder these inflatable kayak reviews are going to help you every time you would think about taking kayaking seriously.
So make your experience with your loved one worthwhile with an inflatable 2 person kayak. You never knew how much calmness, serenity; adventure and thrill along with lots of fishes are waiting for you in the still water or whitewater. So go for it and enjoy!