The Coleman brand is synonymous with outdoor fun. Based in Wichita, Coleman is the brand you think of when it’s time for camping season. You need a lantern or a camping stove. Get a Coleman, as most people have done. But now you may want to think about the Coleman brand as well when you need a hot tub you can use outdoors as well as indoors. There’s the Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub available for you so you can enjoy a nice dip in hot water.
At A Glance Coleman SaluSpa
At a Glance
Overall Rating - 4.5/5
Rapid-heating system and digital control panel ensure that you get to your desired temperature while saving power. UV-resistant Tritech material is designed to protect against destruction and to retain its shape no matter how many times it is inflated and deflated.
Value of Money - 4.5/5
Product Quality - 4.5/5
Durbilty - 4.7/5
Easy to assemble - 4.65/5
Click Here to Read More Coleman Reviews
Features of the Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub
Some people use the Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub for various medical benefits. It helps with arthritis and headaches, and you can recover faster from muscle and joint injuries. But for most of us, it’s all about the soothing relaxation you can get after a stressful day in an office or after a vigorous workout.
Here are some features that can help with that:
- Lay-Z Massage System: It’s nice enough to lie back lazily in a tub full of hot water. But the Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub offers more than that. It provides the air jets that make the soothing bubbles that truly makes you feel so much more relaxed. This the kind of pampering that people pay a lot for in spas, and you can get it in the comfort of your own home with some close friends and family. Or you can always go solo—it’s the perfect way to end a tiring workday.
- Rapid Heating System: This model holds 254 gallons of water at 80% capacity. That’s 963 liters, which is enough to hold up to 6 average-sized adults. And heating that amount of water can take time, at least normally. But the Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub isn’t just a simple container of water. Its heating system is good enough to warm the water up by 1 to 2 degrees per hour. This means that it will only take 24 to 30 hours to heat the water enough for you to use. But you can make this go even faster by using an indoor faucet to fill this up with warm water.
- Integrated Water Filtration: Keeping the water clean is always a constant issue, and you can’t just rely on the lid that keeps debris from getting in. It also has a water filtration system that works well enough. The filters get the dirt out so you’re basically sitting in reusable bath water. You can just have some in reserve so you can wash the dirty one in the sink or in the dishwasher.
- Digital Control Panel: The control panel sits right by your side when you’re in the tub, so you won’t have to get out of the nice hot water to change the setting. The digital control panel lets you set the temperature and the bubbles. You want it really hot or somewhat warm, or you want bubbles, and you can set it up easily with the control panel.
- Sturdy I-Beam Construction: With that much water in the tub, you need to make sure that Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub is strong enough. And this tub surely is. The exterior is made from 2 layers of PVC, with a polyester mesh core in the middle. The I-beam construction also prevents the walls from buckling or bending. It’s even strong enough for you to sit on the wall sides, which you can’t do on an ordinary inflatable pool.
- Cushioned Air Pad Floor: At the bottom of the hot tub, you also have a separate air pad floor that helps with the insulation. It keeps the water from getting cold due to the contact of the tub with the ground. But the bonus is that this air pad makes it so comfy to sit on the floor of the tub. You don’t need to get extra cushions to make yourself comfortable.
Click Here to Read How Coleman Compares to Other Hot Tubs
What makes Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub the Best
So what makes the Coleman variant of the SaluSpa an excellent hot tub for home use? Let’s take a closer look at the advantages it offers.
- The price is very affordable: There was a time when hot tubs were the playthings of the rich and famous. But that was then. Now technology has advanced enough so that these things can be made with high-quality materials and prices that regular people can afford. Now these only cost a few hundred dollars and not a few thousand dollars.
- The installation is very easy: With all the advanced features in this Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub, you’d think you need a pro to put it together. But that’s not really the case. It comes with a DVD to demonstrate clearly how to put it all together. Setting up all the parts will take you about half an hour. Put the insulation blanket underneath the tub. Inflate the hot tub, and then fill it up with water. Plug it in and heat the water, and by tomorrow you’ll be good to go.
- The controls are simple: Who wants a convoluted control system when the point is all about trying to relax? Obviously not you. So it’s a good thing that the digital control panel here is easy to figure out. You just set it to the temperature you want, and if you wish you can always activate the massage system. And if you wish to change the settings while you’re already in the water, you can use the control panel without having to get out of the tub.
- Maintenance is easy too: You don’t really have to do much to keep the Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub in good condition. The maintenance requirements are also shown on the DVD, so just watch that.
- It’s not that noisy: Since you want to relax, it’s better if the tub operates quietly. And for the most part, it does. When you just have the heater and the circulator pump going, it only produces a low hum. It’s a bit noisier when you have the air pump going to produce the bubbles. It may sound a bit like a typical vacuum cleaner, but after a while, you should get used to it. And it’s not really all that loud anyway since you can still hold a normal conversation without shouting.
There are good numbers of pool heater which took tremendous attention beside Coleman.
How to Maintain Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
Perhaps the most complicated maintenance requirement isn’t for the hot tub itself, but for the water. After all, the warm water does provide an ideal breeding ground for various harmful microorganisms. The filtration system can only do so much, so you need chemicals.
First, you need a sanitizer chemical that kills harmful bacteria, and that’s basically a choice between chlorine and bromine. Bromine is more expensive, but it does offer some advantages. It’s more stable than chlorine in warmer temperatures, it’s better for people with more sensitive skin, and its smell isn’t as strong. You also need less bromine than chlorine to sanitize your tub.
Finally, you also need to consider alkalinity, which should be maintained at about 80 to 120 ppm. This is the measure that shows your water’s ability to resist pH changes. You can adjust this by using chemicals that increase alkalinity (too low alkalinity is worse than too high), as well as chemicals that increase or decrease pH.
Finally, you have to think about the pH balance, which should be kept inside the 7.2 to 7.8 pH range. By doing that, you can make sure that the bromine or chlorine works effectively, you’re more comfortable when you take a dip, and you prevent cloudy water, corrosion, and scaling. You can get chemicals that can raise or reduce the pH level.
What we Liked about Coleman Hot Tub
The Coleman SaluSpa offers a great deal of value for your money. It offers a soothing dip in warm water, while it minimizes the problems that normally come with it. It’s unusually affordable, it’s easy to set up, use, and maintain, and it’s strong enough to last for a while. And if it doesn’t, you can fix things yourself by applying the heavy-duty patch, or you can just use the warranty to get a replacement. Coleman SaluSpa makes it easy or you to get replacements. All you need to do is to call them up and then you can send them the serial number cut off from the tub.
This thing is absolutely terrific after a hard day in the office. It’s very comfortable, and the feeling is totally relaxing. Having a dip with a loved one is like the perfect date. Put in some nice lights around you, get a bottle of wine going, and put some Marvin Gaye music on. You’re good to go.
What we disliked about Coleman Hot Tub
The drawbacks aren’t just about the Coleman inflatable hot tub, but of all tubs in general. Adjusting the water can be a bit complicated, and the set up can take some time when it comes to heating the water. You also want to carefully choose where you want to put this. When you fill it up with water, it can reach a weight of more than 2,000 pounds.
All in all, it’s great. If you’re looking for a good hot tub, the Coleman Lay Spa inflatable hot tub does the job better than most, and for the most part, you can look forward to a lot of relaxing evenings of hot water dips.